Warmington is in the county of Northamptonshire. It sits within the North Northamptonshire Unitary Authority area
The unitary authority is responsible for:
- Adult and child social care and child protection issues
- Housing benefit
- Council tax
- Waste management, including fly tipping
- Dog control
- Highways, including public transport & parking
- Births, deaths and marriages
- Country parks and leisure centres
- Environmental health
- Business support
- Flood management
Its website is here: https://www.northnorthants.gov.uk/
Border of Three Counties
It can be tricky sometimes knowing which county we belong to in terms of services as we are on the border of 3 counties - Northamptonshire, Lincolnshire and Cambridgeshire so most of us use services from all three at different times.
Note our postcode is PE8 - which makes our postal address Peterborough and yet Peterborough is in Cambridgeshire.
- Oundle in Northamptonshire (five minutes drive away) is nearest market town with supermarket, a local market, nurseries, secondary schools, doctors, dentists and library all at hand.
- Peterborough in Cambridgeshire is our nearest large city (15 minutes drive from here). This is the nearest centre for a large shopping centre, mainline train station, cinema, hospital etc.
- Stamford (20 minutes drive away) is another market town in Lincolnshire, slightly larger than Oundle but with similar facilities and also has its own train station. Lincolnshire County Council Information.